Saturday, June 20, 2009

How Does My Garden Grow... cont'd







This is how my garden has been growing.

I can't wait to harvest from my veggie garden. I had to put up a fence because Little Doggie Zen thought it was a good idea to fertilize my tomato plants herself. I decided she was wrong.

My new rain garden is working beautifully. I installed a french drain along the back fence, built up a little berm, added some water loving plantings and let Mother Nature have at it. Big Doggie Zen likes to explore the rain garden because he knows the birds love it back there.

The pool is open, and I have a beautiful relaxing place to sit while Zen Sons splash.

Ahhh... I love summer.

3 comments:

annies home said...

didnt want that extra bit of fertilizer LOL

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Your garden is beautiful! I'm just testing the veggie garden waters... haven't ventured in to "pretty" gardening. Need to, though. Things look pretty boring around here.

Liss said...

I love your climbing structures over the garden! They are great - lovely garden!! We are planning our spring/summer garden now here in Australia, having just harvested our autumn/winter one... :) Can't wait!