Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Does My Garden Grow




So, my little babies that I started in my homemade grow stand have found their way into my garden. This year, I expanded my veggie garden. Mr. Zen helped me rototill a section of our suburban paradise, and I created 6 raised beds, surrounded them with gravel, and added soil and compost. My little babies have a new home.

I happened to have some old vinyl fencing stacked in a corner of my yard, waiting for a new life.... or the landfill. I hate to add to the landfill, so I was procrastinating about stacking the white rods out on garbage day... so they sat.

I realized I needed tomato cages. I needed quite a few tomato cages, and I really didn't want to spend too much money, or no money, if I didn't have to. And I spyed the vinyl fencing...

I did end up purchasing a few nuts and bolts (and washers), but now I have tomato cages that will last my lifetime (at least that's what the vinyl fence salesman said).

My tomato cages are a little tall, but I have tall expectations for my tomato plants. Oh, and I made a bean teepee for my string beans too!

OK babies.... grow, grow, grow..... I'm hungry!!!

No comments: