Sunday, January 6, 2008

Living Frugal




The Frugal life. I've been trying to incorporate this into our lifestyle for a while now. At first, I was met with a lot of resistance. Why should my boys bring home their sandwich bags? Didn't I know that it was much easier to just throw them away? Well, I have finally indoctrinated them into my way of thinking. It took a few years, but we are all on the same page now.

I am starting this blog to track our frugalness. I am going to add tips and tricks to show how we live frugal AND green. It brings me peace to know that not only am I saving money for our family, I am doing little things for the world. I realize that I am just one suburban home in our huge world, but sometimes big changes start with small actions.

I'm not going to beat people down in hopes that others start to think like me... hopefully others will learn from my example. If you looked at me at the store or library, you wouldn't say, "Hey, she looks like a composter!" or "I bet she washes out ziplock bags to help the environment!" I look like any other suburban stay at home mom. I get my hair done every few months. I drive a minivan (most of the time with the back seats removed to save on gas - and I try to make my errand days as efficient as possible). We own a big screen television. We have 2 dogs. I am trying to show that you don't have to sell your house and live on a ranch in Montana to incorporate frugal green living into your lives.

So, here we go!

No comments: